Tax on transfer of real property prohibited
- • exceptions
(1) A city, county, district or other political subdivision or municipal corporation of this state shall not impose, by ordinance or other law, a tax or fee upon the transfer of a fee estate in real property, or measured by the consideration paid or received upon transfer of a fee estate in real property.
(2) A tax or fee upon the transfer of a fee estate in real property does not include any fee or charge that becomes due or payable at the time of transfer of a fee estate in real property, unless that fee or charge is imposed upon the right, privilege or act of transferring title to real property.
(3) Subsection (1) of this section does not apply to any fee established under ORS 203.148 (Public Land Corner Preservation Fund).
(4) Subsection (1) of this section does not apply to any tax if the ordinance or other law imposing the tax is in effect and operative on March 31, 1997.
(5) Subsection (1) of this section does not apply to any tax or fee that is imposed upon the transfer of a fee estate in real property if the fee that is imposed under ORS 205.323 (Additional fees for recording certain instruments), for the recording or filing of the instrument conveying the real property being transferred is less than $11. [1989 c.796 §29; 1997 c.782 §12; 1999 c.701 §6]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information