Filing of warrants for unpaid taxes
- • release, cancellation and satisfaction
(1) The Department of Revenue may file warrants issued against any taxpayer for unpaid taxes in the Office of the Secretary of State as provided in this section.
(2) Certification of warrants for unpaid taxes by the Director of the Department of Revenue, or the representative of the director, entitles the warrants to be filed and no other certification or acknowledgment is necessary.
(3) If a warrant described in subsection (1) of this section is presented to the Secretary of State for filing, the Secretary of State shall cause the warrant to be marked, held and indexed in accordance with the provisions of ORS 79.0519 (UCC 9-519. Numbering, maintaining and indexing records) as if the warrant were a financing statement within the meaning of ORS chapter 79.
(4) If a certificate of release, cancellation or satisfaction of any warrant is presented to the Secretary of State for filing, the Secretary of State shall:
(a) Cause a certificate of release to be marked, held and indexed as if the certificate were a termination statement within the meaning of ORS 79.0512 (UCC 9-512. Amendment of financing statement).
(b) Cause a certificate of cancellation or satisfaction to be held, marked and indexed as if the certificate were a release of collateral within the meaning of ORS 79.0512 (UCC 9-512. Amendment of financing statement). [Formerly 314.432; 2001 c.445 §172]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information