Amount of liability
(1) Liability of any public body or its officers, employees or agents acting within the scope of their employment or duties on claims within the scope of ORS 30.260 (Definitions for ORS 30.260 to 30.300) to 30.300 (ORS 30.260 to 30.300 exclusive) shall not exceed:
(a) $50,000 to any claimant for any number of claims for damage to or destruction of property, including consequential damages, arising out of a single accident or occurrence.
(b) $100,000 to any claimant as general and special damages for all other claims arising out of a single accident or occurrence unless those damages exceed $100,000, in which case the claimant may recover additional special damages, but in no event shall the total award of special damages exceed $100,000.
(c) $500,000 for any number of claims arising out of a single accident or occurrence.
(2) No award for damages on any such claim shall include punitive damages. The limitation imposed by this section on individual claimants includes damages claimed for loss of services or loss of support arising out of the same tort.
(3) Where the amount awarded to or settled upon multiple claimants exceeds $500,000, any party may apply to any circuit court to apportion to each claimant the proper share of the total amount limited by subsection (1) of this section. The share apportioned each claimant shall be in the proportion that the ratio of the award or settlement made to the claimant bears to the aggregate awards and settlements for all claims arising out of the occurrence.
(4) Liability of any public body and one or more of its officers, employees or agents, or two or more officers, employees or agents of a public body, on claims arising out of a single accident or occurrence, shall not exceed in the aggregate the amounts limited by subsection (1) of this section.
(5) For any claim arising in connection with a nuclear incident, no provision of this section shall limit the amount of damages recoverable for injuries or death or loss of or damage to property, or loss of use of property as a result of a nuclear incident covered by an insurance or indemnity agreement under 42 U.S.C. 2210. [1967 c.627 §4; 1969 c.429 §2; 1975 c.609 §13; 1987 c.705 §8; 1987 c.915 §13]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information