Definitions for ORS 30.260 to 30.300
(1) "Department" means the Oregon Department of Administrative Services.
(2) "Director" means the Director of the Oregon Department of Administrative Services.
(3) "Governing body" means the group or officer in which the controlling authority of any public body is vested.
(4) "Public body" means:
(a) The state and any department, agency, board or commission of the state;
(b) Any city, county, school district or other political subdivision or municipal or public corporation and any instrumentality thereof;
(c) Any intergovernmental agency, department, council, joint board of control created under ORS 190.125 (Agreements to deliver water) or other like entity which is created under ORS 190.003 (Definitions for ORS 190.003 to 190.130) to 190.130 (Effect of ORS 190.125), and which does not act under the direction and control of any single member government;
(d) Any nonprofit corporation that is organized and existing under ORS chapter 65 and that has only political subdivisions or municipal, quasi-municipal or public corporations in this state as members;
(e) A private child-caring agency, as defined in ORS 418.205 (Definitions for ORS 418.205 to 418.310 and 418.992 to 418.998), that meets the criteria specified in ORS 278.322 (Child care facility liability insurance coverage) (1)(a) and that receives more than 50 percent of its funding from the state for the purpose of providing residential treatment to children who have been placed in the care and custody of the state or that provides residential treatment to children more than half of whom have been placed in the care and custody of the state; or
(f) A private, nonprofit organization that provides public transportation services if more than 50 percent of the organization’s funding for the purpose of providing public transportation services is received from governmental bodies.
(5) "State" means the state or any branch, department, agency, board or commission of the state.
(6) "Local public body" means any public body other than the state.
(7) "Nuclear incident" has the meaning given that term in 42 U.S.C. 2014(q).
(8) "Tort" means the breach of a legal duty that is imposed by law, other than a duty arising from contract or quasi-contract, the breach of which results in injury to a specific person or persons for which the law provides a civil right of action for damages or for a protective remedy. [1967 c.627 §1; 1975 c.609 §11; 1977 c.823 §1; 1981 c.109 §1; 1987 c.915 §9; subsections (7) and (8) enacted as 1987 c.705 §6; 1989 c.905 §1; 1989 c.1004 §2; 1993 c.500 §3; 1997 c.215 §4; 2005 c.684 §1; 2005 c.798 §2]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.