County Assessment and Taxation Fund
- • sources
- • purpose
(1) There is created in the county treasury of each county a fund to be known as the County Assessment and Taxation Fund. The fund shall consist of:
(a) Moneys deposited and credited to the fund under ORS 311.508 (Disposition of interest on late payments).
(b) Moneys deposited and credited to the fund under ORS 205.323 (Additional fees for recording certain instruments).
(c) Interest earned upon moneys credited to the fund.
(2) The county treasurer shall pay over the moneys in the fund, determined as of the last day of the fiscal quarter, to the State Treasurer on or before the 10th day of the month following the last day of the fiscal quarter.
(3) The State Treasurer shall deposit and credit the moneys received under subsection (2) of this section to the County Assessment Function Funding Assistance Account referred to in ORS 294.184 (County Assessment Function Funding Assistance Account).
(4) If the county treasurer fails to pay over moneys, as required under subsection (2) of this section, then any unpaid moneys shall be a debt due and owing by the county to the state and the county shall pay the legal rate of interest thereon from the due date until paid. Payment of interest under this section shall not relieve the county treasurer from any penalty imposed by law for failure to make the payments, and in addition, the county treasurer shall be liable under ORS 311.375 (Forwarding state taxes by county treasurers) (4)(a) and (b).
(5) ORS 294.305 (Sections constituting Local Budget Law) to 294.565 (Failure to file copy of required budget, reports or other documents) do not apply to a fund created under this section. [1989 c.796 §7; 2003 c.273 §2]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information