(1) Any person who makes or orders or votes to make any expenditure in violation of any of the provisions of the statutes listed in subsection (5) of this section, or who makes or authorizes or causes to be made any disbursement of funds from the State Treasury in violation of any of the provisions of the statutes listed in subsection (5) of this section, commits a violation and shall, upon conviction, be punished by a fine of not less than $500 nor more than $3,000.
(2) If any person incurs or orders or votes to incur an obligation in violation of any of the provisions of the statutes listed in subsection (5) of this section, the person and the sureties on the bond of the person shall be jointly and severally liable therefor to the person in whose favor the obligation was incurred.
(3) Upon certification by the Oregon Department of Administrative Services that any state officer or employee of a state agency has failed or refused to comply with any order, rule or regulation made by the department in accordance with any of the provisions of the statutes listed in subsection (5) of this section, the salary of the officer or employee may not be paid until the order, rule or regulation is complied with.
(4) Any violation of a provision of a statute listed in subsection (5) of this section for which no other penalty is provided in this section is a Class A violation.
(5) Subsections (1) to (4) of this section apply to ORS 279A.140 (State procurement of goods and services), 279A.280 (Disposal of surplus property), 279B.270 (State contracting agencies to use recovered resources and recycled materials), 283.020 (Federal laws and rules govern when federal granted funds involved), 283.110 (Furnishing by state agency to another state agency of services, facilities and materials), 283.140 (Central telephone, telecommunications, mail, shuttle bus and messenger service for state agencies) to 283.160 (Clerical and stenographic pool services), 283.305 (Definitions for ORS 283.305 to 283.350) to 283.390 (State-owned vehicles to be marked), 291.001 (Use of accounting terms) to 291.034 (Providing technical services involving data processing), 291.201 (Definition of "tax expenditure") to 291.222 (Furnishing information and assistance to Governor-elect), 291.232 (Declaration of policy) to 291.260 (Approving, modifying or disapproving requests and budgets to be submitted to the federal government), 291.307 (Appropriation from General Fund to constitute a credit only), 292.220 (Department to regulate subsistence and mileage allowances for travel) and 292.230 (Policy on out-of-state travel). [Amended by 1953 c.530 §2; 1955 c.260 §2; subsections (2) and (3) of 1961 Replacement Part renumbered 293.990 (Penalties); 1967 c.419 §14; subsection (2) of 1965 Replacement Part renumbered 283.990 (Penalties); 1993 c.500 §44; 1997 c.249 §89; 1999 c.1051 §172; 2003 c.794 §246; 2005 c.121 §1]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.