- • duties of Oregon Department of Administrative Services
- • duties of state agencies
(1) It is the intent of the Legislative Assembly, in funding the development and implementation of a new statewide financial management system, that statewide financial management systems and policies support program-driven budget planning and execution, based on timely and accurate statewide managerial cost accounting information and that such systems support legislative program evaluation and performance auditing of statewide programs and services.
(2) The Oregon Department of Administrative Services shall devise and supervise statewide financial management systems for all state agencies by preparing policies and procedures for implementing and operating financial management systems for all agencies in state government and measuring implementation. In order to assure that the state’s investment in a modern and complete statewide financial management system is fully implemented, every agency and unit of state government shall:
(a) Cooperate and comply fully with policies and procedures and deadlines prepared by the Oregon Department of Administrative Services for establishing a database for the financial management system.
(b) Comply fully with policies and procedures prepared by the Oregon Department of Administrative Services for operation of the financial management system.
(3) The Oregon Department of Administrative Services shall report to the Legislative Assembly no later than December 1 of even-numbered years:
(a) Progress in implementing the financial management system as to preparation of financial statements, nonfinancial management information and the ability of the system to support legislative program evaluation and performance auditing.
(b) Compliance by each agency and unit of state government with policies and procedures of the Oregon Department of Administrative Services for implementation of the financial management system.
(4) After a review of the Oregon Department of Administrative Services report by the Legislative Fiscal Officer, the Joint Legislative Audit Committee may schedule a hearing for any agency or unit of state government to review compliance with this section and policies and procedures of the Oregon Department of Administrative Services, prior to any appropriation approval by the Legislative Assembly, as provided in ORS 171.585 (Duties of committee) (1). [1993 c.724 §22; 1995 c.452 §23]
Note: 291.100 (Financial management) was enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but was not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 291 or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.