State Debt Policy Advisory Commission
- • membership
- • compensation
- • quorum
- • meetings
- • personnel
(1) There is established a State Debt Policy Advisory Commission, consisting of five members.
(2) The State Treasurer and the Director of the Oregon Department of Administrative Services shall serve as ex officio members of the commission. One member of the commission shall be a member of the Senate appointed by the President of the Senate. One member of the commission shall be a member of the House of Representatives appointed by the Speaker of the House. One member of the commission shall be a public member, knowledgeable on matters of public finance, appointed by the Governor from among those persons recommended by the State Treasurer.
(3) The term of an appointed member is two years, but an appointed member serves at the pleasure of the appointing authority. Before the expiration of the term of an appointed member, the appointing authority shall appoint a successor. If there is a vacancy for any reason in the office of an appointed member, the appointing authority shall make an appointment to become immediately effective for the unexpired term.
(4) A member of the commission is entitled to compensation and expenses as provided in ORS 292.495 (Compensation and expenses of members of state boards and commissions).
(5) The State Treasurer shall serve as chairperson of the commission, with such duties and powers necessary for the performance of that office as the commission determines appropriate.
(6) A majority of the members of the commission constitutes a quorum for the transaction of business.
(7) The commission shall meet at least once every six months at a place and time determined by the commission. The commission also shall meet at other times and places specified by the call of the chairperson or of a majority of the members of the commission.
(8) The office of the State Treasurer shall provide the commission with office space and clerical and other administrative support. [Formerly 286.550]
Note: 286A.250 (State Debt Policy Advisory Commission) and 286A.255 (Functions and duties of commission) were enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but were not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 286A or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.