Income tax credit for new business facility in reservation enterprise zone
(1) A credit against the taxes that are otherwise due under ORS chapter 316 or, if the taxpayer is a corporation, under ORS chapter 317 or 318, is allowed to an eligible business operating a new business facility in a reservation enterprise zone.
(2) The amount of the credit allowed to the eligible business shall equal:
(a) The amount of tribal property tax imposed on a new business facility of an eligible business that is paid or incurred by the eligible business during the income or corporate excise tax year of the eligible business; or
(b) If the eligible business has not previously conducted business operations within the reservation enterprise zone, the amount of tribal tax paid or incurred by the eligible business during the income or corporate excise tax year of the eligible business.
(3) The credit allowed to the eligible business may not exceed the tax liability of the eligible business for the tax year and may not be carried over to another tax year.
(4) A credit is allowable under this section only to the extent the tribal tax on which the credit is based is imposed on businesses not owned by Indians on a uniform basis within the territory over which the tribal government has the authority to levy, impose and collect taxes.
(5) The credit shall be claimed on a form prescribed by the Department of Revenue containing the information required by the department, including information sufficient for the department to determine that the taxpayer is an eligible business and that the facility operated by the business is a new business facility.
(6) An eligible nonresident individual shall be allowed the credit computed in the same manner and subject to the same limitations as the credit allowed a resident by subsection (1) of this section. However, the credit shall be prorated using the proportion provided in ORS 316.117 (Proration between Oregon income and other income for nonresidents, part-year residents and trusts).
(7) If a change in the taxable year of a taxpayer occurs as described in ORS 314.085 (Taxable year), or if the Department of Revenue terminates the taxpayer’s taxable year under ORS 314.440 (Tax as debt), the credit allowed by this section shall be prorated or computed in a manner consistent with ORS 314.085 (Taxable year).
(8) If a change in the status of a taxpayer from resident to nonresident or from nonresident to resident occurs, the credit allowed by this section shall be determined in a manner consistent with ORS 316.117 (Proration between Oregon income and other income for nonresidents, part-year residents and trusts).
(9) An eligible business claiming a credit under this section shall maintain records sufficient to authenticate the allowance of the credit claimed under this section and shall furnish the department with these records upon the request of the department.
(10) A credit claimed by an eligible business may not be disallowed solely because the eligible business conducts business operations both within and outside of a reservation enterprise zone. [Formerly 285B.773]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information