Designation of new zone following zone termination
(1) Within a reasonable period of time prior to the termination of enterprise zones under ORS 285C.245 (Termination) (2), the Director of the Economic and Community Development Department shall competitively designate the same number of enterprise zones effective immediately after termination of the previous enterprise zones. The determination by the director as to the areas designated as enterprise zones shall be final.
(2) When an enterprise zone is terminated under ORS 285B.686 (4) to (6), the director may competitively designate a new enterprise zone. The sponsor of the enterprise zone terminated under ORS 285C.245 (Termination) (4) or (5) is not eligible to apply for a new enterprise zone, except for a county government when the terminated zone was also jointly sponsored by one or more cities or ports.
(3) Sponsors of existing enterprise zones that are due to terminate may reapply for designation under subsection (1) of this section.
(4) Any city, county or port may apply to the director for designation of an enterprise zone in accordance with the criteria set forth in ORS 285C.065 (Application for designation as enterprise zone) and 285C.090 (Requirements for area to be designated zone). In addition, the Economic and Community Development Department by rule shall determine the minimum level of economic hardship in any area to be included within an enterprise zone, any other criteria necessary to evaluate the need for the enterprise zone and the potential for accomplishing the purposes of ORS 285C.050 (Definitions for ORS 285C.050 to 285C.250) to 285C.250 (Designation of new zone following zone termination).
(5) All enterprise zones designated under this section shall terminate in accordance with ORS 285C.245 (Termination) (2).
(6) When the director designates enterprise zones under this section, there is no limit on the relative number of urban or rural enterprise zones designated.
(7) The director may determine when to accept applications for any enterprise zone that terminates under subsection (2) of this section or is not designated under subsection (1) of this section for lack of qualified applicants. [Formerly 285B.689; 2005 c.94 §10; 2005 c.704 §12]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information