Definitions for ORS 285B.410 to 285B.482
As used in ORS 285B.410 (Definitions for ORS 285B.410 to 285B.482) to 285B.482 (Revenue bonds as parity bonds), unless the context requires otherwise:
(1) "Airport" means:
(a) A runway, taxiway, aircraft parking apron, ramp, auto parking area, access road, safety area or runway protection zone;
(b) An airport-related facility, including a hangar, terminal, air traffic control tower or other building;
(c) A signal, navigational aid or traffic control system; or
(d) A fuel tank or other physical airport improvement.
(2)(a) "Community development project" means a project that involves strategic planning, training or other technical assistance as defined by the Economic and Community Development Department by rule, and that is aimed at strengthening the economic development or infrastructure priority setting of a municipality or region.
(b) "Community development project" includes the following activities:
(A) Developing and managing short-term and long-term projects;
(B) Developing priorities for infrastructure projects;
(C) Strategic planning related to furthering economic development; or
(D) Training related to economic development, including training to improve leadership skills, technical skills or analytical skills, particularly in rural and distressed areas.
(c) "Community development project" includes projects that may encompass a municipality or any part of a municipality and may be undertaken in cooperation with another municipality.
(3) "Development project" means a project for the acquisition, improvement, construction, demolition, or redevelopment of municipally owned utilities, buildings, land, transportation facilities or other facilities that assist the economic and community development of the municipality, including planning project activities that are necessary or useful as determined by the Economic and Community Development Department.
(4) "Direct project management costs" means expenses directly related to a project that are incurred by a municipality solely to support or manage a project eligible for assistance under ORS 285B.410 (Definitions for ORS 285B.410 to 285B.482) to 285B.482 (Revenue bonds as parity bonds). "Direct project management costs" does not include routine or ongoing expenses of the municipality.
(5) "Emergency project" means a development project resulting from an emergency as defined in ORS 401.025 (Definitions), to which federal disaster relief has been committed.
(6) "Energy system" means a facility necessary for the distribution, transmission or generation of energy, including but not limited to facilities powered by wind, solar energy or biofuel and facilities for the collection, storage, transmission or distribution of a fuel, including natural gas, methane or hydrogen.
(7) "Marine facility" means:
(a) A wharf, dock, freight handling or passenger facility;
(b) A navigation channel or structure, including a project funded under ORS 777.267 (Marine Navigation Improvement Fund); or
(c) Any other physical marine facility improvement.
(8) "Municipality" means an Oregon city or county, the Port of Portland created by ORS 778.010 (District known as Port of Portland), a county service district organized under ORS chapter 451, a district as defined in ORS 198.010 ("District" defined for chapter), a tribal council of a federally recognized Indian tribe in this state or an airport district organized under ORS chapter 838.
(9) "Planning project" means:
(a) A project related to a potential development project for preliminary, final or construction engineering;
(b) A survey, site investigation or environmental action;
(c) A financial, technical or other feasibility report, study or plan; or
(d) An activity that the department determines to be necessary or useful in planning for a potential development project.
(10) "Project" means a development, community development, planning or emergency project.
(11) "Railroad" means:
(a) A main line, siding, yard, connecting or auxiliary track, right of way or easement;
(b) An industrial spur or related facility, including a depot, shop, maintenance building or other building;
(c) A signal or traffic control system;
(d) A bridge or tunnel;
(e) A dock, pit, conveyor, bin, crane, piping system, tank or pavement for unloading, loading or transfer of freight, trailers or containers; or
(f) Any other physical railroad improvement.
(12) "Road" means a street, highway or thruway or a road-related structure that provides for continuity of a right of way, including a bridge, tunnel, culvert or similar structure or other physical road-related improvement.
(13) "Rural area" has the meaning given that term in ORS 285A.010 (Definitions for ORS 284.101 to 284.146 and ORS chapters 285A, 285B and 285C).
(14) "Sewage system" means a facility necessary for collecting, pumping, treating or disposing of sanitary sewage.
(15) "Solid waste disposal site" has the meaning given the term "disposal site" in ORS 459.005 (Definitions for ORS 459.005 to 459.437, 459.705 to 459.790 and 459A.005 to 459A.665).
(16) "Storm water drainage system" means a facility necessary for collecting, controlling, conveying, treating or disposing of storm water runoff.
(17) "Telecommunications system" means equipment or a facility for the electronic transmission of voice, data, text, image or video.
(18) "Transportation" means a system for movement of freight or passengers.
(19) "Utilities" means a solid waste disposal site or a water, sewage, storm water drainage, energy or telecommunications system.
(20) "Water system" means a facility for supplying, treating or protecting the quality of water and transmitting water to a point of sale or to any public or private agency for domestic, municipal, commercial or industrial use. [Formerly 285.700; 1999 c.509 §43; 2001 c.96 §5; 2001 c.633 §1; 2001 c.883 §27; 2003 c.773 §27; 2005 c.835 §2; 2007 c.804 §32]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.