Definitions for ORS 284.101 to 284.146 and ORS chapters 285A, 285B and 285C
As used in ORS 284.101 (Definitions for ORS 284.101 to 284.146) to 284.146 (Maintenance of tourist information centers) and ORS chapters 285A, 285B and 285C, unless the context requires otherwise:
(1) "Commission" means the Oregon Economic and Community Development Commission.
(2) "Community" means an area or locality in which the body of inhabitants has common economic or employment interests. The term is not limited to a city, county or other political subdivision and need not, but may be, limited by political boundaries.
(3) "Department" means the Economic and Community Development Department.
(4) "Director" means the Director of the Economic and Community Development Department.
(5) "Distressed area" means a county, city, community or other geographic area that is designated as a distressed area by the department, based on indicators of economic distress or dislocation, including but not limited to unemployment, poverty and job loss.
(6) "International trade" means the export and import of products and services and the movement of capital for the purpose of investment.
(7) "Rural area" means an area located entirely outside of the acknowledged Portland Metropolitan Area Regional Urban Growth Boundary and the acknowledged urban growth boundaries of cities with populations of 30,000 or more.
(8) "Traded sector" means industries in which member firms sell their goods or services into markets for which national or international competition exists.
(9) "Small business" means a business having 100 or fewer employees. [Formerly 285.001; 1999 c.509 §1; 2003 c.114 §1; 2007 c.804 §1]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information