State and local cooperation to provide industrial, commercial and retail development sites
- • implementation of state economic development strategy
- • rules
In furtherance of the state economic development strategy developed under ORS 284.570 (Development of state economic development strategy), the Land Conservation and Development Commission shall:
(1) Provide local governments with basic and advanced methods for identifying, analyzing and providing for industrial, commercial and retail development sites.
(2) Develop and provide guidebooks and other appropriate materials to assist local governments in identifying and analyzing potential industrial, commercial and retail development sites.
(3) Provide local governments with technical assistance to assist in completing the identification and analysis and in amending comprehensive plans and land use regulations based on the identification and analysis.
(4) Provide grants to local governments in a manner that furthers the implementation of the state economic development strategy.
(5) Adopt, amend or repeal administrative rules and procedures as necessary to ensure that the following actions can be accomplished in a timely manner:
(a) Expansion of urban growth boundaries where necessary to accommodate industrial or traded sector development;
(b) Review of amendments to comprehensive plans and land use regulations and periodic review of comprehensive plans and land use regulations; and
(c) Focus the resources of the Department of Land Conservation and Development on issues related to land supply within urban growth boundaries and transportation and public facilities necessary to stimulate economic growth. [2003 c.800 §26]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information