Publishing offer to lease tidal submerged lands
- • bids
- • cash bonus
- • award of lease
- • fee
(1) The Department of State Lands may offer to lease lands subject to ORS 274.705 (Definitions for ORS 274.705 to 274.860) to 274.860 (Protection and location of filled lands) by publication of a notice of its intention to do so, once each week for not less than two weeks in two or more newspapers of general circulation in this state, one of which is published or has general circulation in the county in which the lands lie or county or counties contiguous thereto. The notice shall describe the lands so offered, and shall specify the rate of royalty, including the royalty for sulfur, and the rental, the manner in which bids may be filed with the department, the amount of the deposit that must accompany each bid, and the time and place for filing bids, which time shall not be earlier than the 30th day after the date of last publication of such notice. Further, the notice shall state that the lease will be awarded to the bidder offering the highest cash bonus, and that the form of lease, conditions for bidding and bid form may be obtained from the department upon request.
(2) Each bid shall be enclosed in a sealed envelope, shall be on the form provided by the department and shall be accompanied by duplicate lease forms executed by the bidder, and by a certified or cashier’s check or checks payable to the State of Oregon in the amount fixed by the department, which sum shall be deposited as evidence of good faith and except in the case of the successful bidder shall be returned to the bidder. If the successful bidder fails to pay the balance of the cash bonus bid and the annual rental for the first year not later than the 15th day after the award of the lease, or fails to post any bond required by the lease or the rules in effect at the date of the invitation for bids within the time prescribed, the amount of the deposit shall be forfeited to the state.
(3) At the time and place specified in the notice the department shall publicly open the sealed bids and shall award the lease for each parcel to the bidder who, in addition to complying with all of the conditions for bidding, offers the highest cash bonus. The department may, however, reject any or all bids for cause.
(4) Following the award of the lease, the payment by the successful bidder of the balance of the cash bonus, the annual rental for the first year, and the fee specified in this section, and the posting of any required bonds, the department shall execute the lease in duplicate on behalf of the state and transmit one counterpart thereof to the lessee. The lease shall become effective as of the date of such execution.
(5) The department shall prescribe a reasonable fee to cover the procedures under this section, which shall be paid by the successful bidder. [1961 c.619 §27; 1967 c.421 §167]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.