Definitions for ORS 273.563 to 273.591
(1) "Agency" means a local, state or federal agency, board, commission or department.
(2) "Board" means the State Land Board.
(3) "Candidate natural area" means a natural resource area that may be considered for registration or dedication.
(4) "Commodity" means timber, minerals, livestock, agricultural products or any other product of the land which is an important economic resource.
(5) "Council" means the Natural Heritage Advisory Council established in ORS 273.571 (Natural Heritage Advisory Council).
(6) "Data bank" means the Natural Heritage Program element inventory of element classification, data analysis, priority setting, owner and other data maintained by the Institute for Natural Resources under ORS 352.239 (Institute for Natural Resources).
(7) "Dedicate" means the formal recognition and protection of a natural area for natural heritage conservation purposes.
(8) "Elements" means both the natural heritage resources and the special species.
(9) "Instrument" means any written document intended to convey an interest in real property under ORS 93.710 (Instruments or memoranda creating certain interests in realty), or an agreement between parties according to the Natural Heritage Program or the Oregon Natural Heritage Plan.
(10) "Natural area" means a unit of land or water or both that may be considered for dedication under ORS 273.563 (Definitions for ORS 273.563 to 273.591) to 273.591 (Natural Heritage Program Account) and that has substantially retained its natural character, or, if altered in character, shall in addition to its natural heritage resource values, be valuable as habitat for plant and animal species or for the study and appreciation of the natural features.
(11) "Natural heritage conservation area" means an area dedicated under the provisions of ORS 273.586 (Dedication of land for natural heritage conservation purposes).
(12) "Natural heritage resources" means the terrestrial ecosystem types, aquatic ecosystem types and unique geologic types as defined in the Oregon Natural Heritage Plan or a unit of land or water that contains a natural resource.
(13) "Plan" means the Oregon Natural Heritage Plan established under ORS 273.576 (State Land Board duties), which governs the Natural Heritage Program in selecting areas for natural heritage conservation.
(14) "Program" means the Natural Heritage Program as established in ORS 273.566 (Legislative findings).
(15) "Register" means the Oregon Register of Natural Heritage Areas established under ORS 273.581 (Natural heritage areas register).
(16) "Special species" means those species of plants and animals determined by the council to be significant in value in a natural heritage conservation area and defined in the Oregon Natural Heritage Plan. [1983 c.786 §2; 2001 c.114 §1; 2003 c.661 §1]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.