- • term
- • vacancies
- • chairperson
- • rules of procedure
- • report to legislature
(1) The governing body of a district shall consist of seven members elected from the district at large for four-year terms. Vacancies shall be filled by the governing body under ORS 198.320 (Filling of vacancies on boards of certain districts).
(2) The chairperson of the county governing body that calls the election on establishing the district shall convene the first meeting of the district governing body and shall serve as chairperson of the first meeting until the members choose a permanent chairperson.
(3) At its first meeting after July 1 each year the district governing body shall choose a chairperson for the ensuing year. The chairperson shall be the presiding officer of the governing body and have whatever additional functions the governing body prescribes.
(4) The governing body may adopt and enforce rules of procedure governing its proceedings.
(5) The district board shall report biennially to the Legislative Assembly the activities of the district. [1974 c.9 §6; 1975 c.737 §4; 1983 c.350 §125]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information