Effective date of change of boundaries
- • filing boundary change with county assessor and Department of Revenue
(1) An alteration of the boundaries of a district under ORS 267.207 (Change of district boundaries) or 267.250 (Definitions for ORS 267.250 to 267.263) to 267.263 (Withdrawal of territory not subject to boundary commission review) shall not become effective during the period:
(a) Beginning after the 90th day before a primary election or general election and ending on the day after the election; or
(b) Beginning after the deadline for filing the notice of election before any other election held by the district and ending on the day after the election.
(2) If the effective date established for the alteration of the boundaries is a date that is prohibited under this section, the alteration shall become effective on the day after the election.
(3) For the purposes of ORS 308.225 (Boundary change or proposed boundary change) only, the effective date of an alteration of district boundaries shall be the date on which the board adopts the ordinance altering the boundaries or, if such an ordinance is initiated or referred, the date on which the ordinance is approved by the electors as provided in ORS 267.207 (Change of district boundaries).
(4) For purposes of ad valorem taxation, a boundary change must be filed in final approved form with the county assessor and the Department of Revenue as provided in ORS 308.225 (Boundary change or proposed boundary change). [1985 c.808 §77; 1987 c.799 §9; 1989 c.923 §26; 1995 c.712 §100; 2001 c.138 §11]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.