- • regulating use of facilities
- • public hearings
- • route, schedule changes
(1) The legislative authority of a district board shall be exercised by ordinance.
(2) The board may enact police ordinances relating to the protection, use and enjoyment of district property and facilities. A district may appoint peace officers who shall have the same authority as other peace officers, except that such authority shall be limited to the enforcement of police ordinances of the district and the enforcement, for purposes relating to the protection, use and enjoyment of district property and facilities, of state and local laws.
(3) The board may, by ordinance, provide a procedure for the conduct of public hearings on proposed changes in transit routes and schedules. The board may delegate to the general manager or other administrative officer the authority to conduct such hearings.
(4) An ordinance shall not be required for a mass transit district to adopt temporary or experimental changes in routes and schedules. [1969 c.643 §17; 1973 c.116 §2; 1975 c.392 §1]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information