Prohibitions relating to circulation, filing or certification of initiative, referendum or recall petition
(1) No person attempting to obtain signatures on, or causing to be circulated, an initiative, referendum or recall petition, shall knowingly make any false statement regarding the contents, meaning or effect of the petition to any person who signs it, attempts to sign it, is requested to sign it or requests information concerning it.
(2) No person shall attempt to obtain signatures to, cause to be circulated or file with a filing officer, an initiative, referendum or recall petition, knowing it to contain a false signature.
(3) No person shall attempt to obtain the signature of a person to an initiative, referendum or recall petition knowing that the person signing the petition is not qualified to sign it.
(4) No person shall knowingly sign an initiative, referendum or recall petition more than once, knowingly sign such petition when not qualified to sign it, or sign such petition in any name other than the person’s own.
(5) No public official or employee shall knowingly make a false certification concerning an initiative, referendum or recall petition. [1979 c.190 §376; 2001 c.489 §1]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information