Contents of statements
(1) A statement filed under ORS 260.057 (Electronic campaign finance filing system), 260.076 (Statements of contributions received during session of Legislative Assembly) or 260.118 (Treasurer and statement of organization for initiative, referendum or recall petition) shall list:
(a) Except as provided in ORS 260.085 (Listing of occupation of contributor), for a contribution:
(A) The name, occupation and address of each person, and the name and address of each political committee, that contributed an aggregate amount of more than $100 in a calendar year on behalf of a candidate or to a political committee and the total amount contributed by that person or political committee; and
(B) The total amount of other contributions as a single item, but shall specify how those contributions were obtained.
(b) For an expenditure:
(A) The amount and purpose of each expenditure made in an aggregate amount of more than $100 to a payee, the name or, if applicable, the business name of the payee of the expenditure, and the city, or county if the payee is not located in a city, and state in which the payee is located; and
(B) The total amount of other expenditures as a single item.
(c) Each loan, whether repaid or not, made by or to the candidate or political committee. The statement shall list:
(A) The name and address of each person shown as a cosigner or guarantor on a loan and the amount of the obligation undertaken by each cosigner or guarantor;
(B) The name of the lender holding the loan; and
(C) The terms of the loan, including the interest rate and repayment schedule.
(2) If an expenditure in an amount exceeding $100 is a prepayment or a deposit made in consideration for any services, supplies, equipment or other thing of value to be performed or furnished at a future date, that portion of the deposit that has been expended shall be listed as an expenditure and the unexpended portion of the deposit shall be listed as an account receivable.
(3) Anything of value paid for or contributed by any person shall be listed as both an in-kind contribution and an expenditure by the candidate or committee for whose benefit the payment or contribution was made.
(4) If a candidate, political committee or chief petitioner under ORS 260.057 (Electronic campaign finance filing system) or 260.118 (Treasurer and statement of organization for initiative, referendum or recall petition) makes an expenditure that must be reported as an in-kind contribution and an expenditure as provided in subsection (3) of this section, the candidate, political committee or chief petitioner making the original expenditure shall, in any statement filed under ORS 260.057 (Electronic campaign finance filing system) or 260.118 (Treasurer and statement of organization for initiative, referendum or recall petition), identify the expenditure as an in-kind contribution and identify the candidate or political committee for whose benefit the expenditure was made.
(5) Expenditures made by an agent of a candidate or political committee on behalf of the candidate or committee shall be reported in the same manner as if the expenditures had been made by the candidate or political committee.
(6) If a political committee makes an expenditure that qualifies as an independent expenditure under ORS 260.005 (Definitions) (9), the listing of the expenditure under this section shall identify any candidates or measures that are the subject of the independent expenditure and state whether the independent expenditure was used to advocate the election, passage or defeat of the candidates or measures.
(7) If a candidate, political committee, chief petitioner under ORS 260.118 (Treasurer and statement of organization for initiative, referendum or recall petition) or an agent of a candidate, political committee or chief petitioner makes an expenditure for the purpose of paying any person money or other valuable consideration for obtaining signatures on an initiative, referendum or recall petition, the statement described in this section shall list the total amount paid by the candidate, political committee, chief petitioner or agent for the purpose of obtaining signatures. The statement is not required to list the name or address of any person as payee or the amount paid to any person.
(8)(a) A vendor who enters into a contract with a candidate or political committee to prepare or produce brochures, mailings, polls, other opinion research or television, radio or newspaper advertising, or to provide mail handling and postage, is not considered an agent of the candidate or political committee for purposes of subsection (5) of this section. The Secretary of State by rule may designate other specific products or services that would qualify a vendor for an exemption from reporting under this subsection.
(b) Nothing in this section requires a vendor described in this subsection to disclose the vendor’s internal or subcontracting costs for providing the specific product or service under paragraph (a) of this subsection.
(9) As used in this section, "address" has the meaning given that term in rules adopted by the Secretary of State. [Formerly 260.162; 1981 c.234 §11; 1985 c.732 §5; 1989 c.80 §4; 1989 c.503 §42; 1989 c.1054 §12; 1991 c.258 §1; 1991 c.719 §15; 1993 c.493 §68; 1995 c.1 §20; 1995 c.607 §87; 1999 c.262 §3; 1999 c.814 §1; 1999 c.999 §10; 2001 c.82 §5; 2001 c.965 §59; 2003 c.542 §14; 2005 c.797 §13; 2005 c.809 §§8,16]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information