Statement of organization of political committee
(1) The treasurer of a political committee shall file a statement of organization with the filing officer. The statement shall include:
(a) The name, address and nature of the committee. The address shall be the address of a residence, office, headquarters or similar location where the political committee or a responsible officer of the political committee may be conveniently located.
(b) The name, address and occupation of the committee director or directors.
(c) The name and address of the committee treasurer.
(d) The name and address of any other political committee of which two or more committee directors are also directors of the committee filing the statement.
(e) The name, office sought, and party affiliation of each candidate whom the committee is supporting or specifically opposing or intends to support or specifically oppose, when known, or, if the committee is supporting or specifically opposing all the candidates of a given party, the name of that party.
(f) A designation of any measure that the committee is opposing or supporting, or intends to support or oppose.
(g) The name of the financial institution in which the campaign account required under ORS 260.054 (Campaign account) is established, the name and number of the account, the name of the account holder and the names of all persons who have signature authority for the account. The Secretary of State may not disclose information received by the secretary under this paragraph except as necessary for purposes of enforcing the provisions of ORS chapters 246 to 260.
(h) A statement of whether the committee is a controlled committee.
(2) A treasurer shall designate a person to receive any notice provided by a filing officer under ORS chapters 246 to 260. The treasurer shall include the name and address of the person in a statement of organization filed under this section. A filing officer who provides any notice under ORS chapters 246 to 260 to the treasurer of the political committee shall also provide the notice to the person designated by the treasurer under this subsection.
(3) The statement of organization shall be filed not later than the date specified in ORS 260.035 (Treasurer and statement of organization for political committees).
(4) Any change in information submitted in a statement of organization under subsection (1) of this section shall be indicated in an amended statement of organization filed not later than the 10th day after the change in information.
(5) This section does not apply to a political committee that is a principal campaign committee or to a political committee exclusively supporting or opposing one or more candidates for federal or political party office. [1975 c.683 §§2,3; 1979 c.190 §344; 1981 c.234 §1; 1983 c.71 §10; 1985 c.808 §53; 2001 c.965 §54; 2005 c.797 §6; 2005 c.809 §5; 2007 c.570 §4]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information