Nomination of candidates for election to district boards
- • withdrawal
(1) A candidate for election as a member of a district board shall be nominated by filing with the elections officer either:
(a) A petition for nomination signed by at least 25 electors, or 10 percent of the electors, residing in the election district for the office, whichever number is less; or
(b) A declaration of candidacy accompanied by a filing fee of $10.
(2) A petition for nomination or a declaration of candidacy shall be filed with the elections officer not sooner than the 40th day before the deadline specified in paragraph (a) or (b) of this subsection and:
(a) Not later than the 61st day before the date of the district election if the election is a regular district election or the first election at which members of the district board are elected.
(b) Not later than the 70th day before the date of the district election if the election is held on the date of a primary election or general election.
(3) A nominating petition or declaration of candidacy shall contain the information specified in ORS 249.031 (Contents of petition or declaration).
(4) In a district in which a position or zone number is assigned to each office on the district board or local school committee, each petition for nomination or declaration of candidacy for election to the district board or local school committee shall state the position or zone number of the office to which the candidate seeks election.
(5) The provisions of ORS 249.009 (Exclusive form of signature sheets for petitions) (1)(b) and 249.061 (One candidate per petition) shall not apply to nominating petitions filed under this section.
(6) A nominee for election to the district board may withdraw the nomination not later than 5 p.m. of the last day specified for filing a petition or declaration under this section by filing with the elections officer a written withdrawal of candidacy. The withdrawal shall be signed by the nominee and state the reasons for withdrawal. [Formerly 259.070; 1981 c.173 §34; 1983 c.350 §77; 1983 c.567 §17; 1985 c.808 §46; 1989 c.503 §17; 1989 c.923 §15; 1991 c.107 §15; 1995 c.607 §50; 1995 c.712 §70]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information