Voter registration agencies
- • designation
- • prohibited activities
- • required services
(1) The Secretary of State by rule, in accordance with the requirements of the National Voter Registration Act of 1993 (P.L. 103-31), shall designate agencies as voter registration agencies. Agencies designated may include state, county, city or district offices and federal and nongovernmental offices with the agreement of the federal or nongovernmental offices.
(2) Services required by the National Voter Registration Act of 1993 (P.L. 103-31) shall be made available in connection with any registration card at each voter registration agency designated by the Secretary of State.
(3) A person providing services referred to in subsection (2) of this section at a voter registration agency shall not:
(a) Seek to influence the political preference or party registration of a person registering to vote;
(b) In accordance with provisions of the Oregon Constitution, display such political preference or party allegiance;
(c) Make any statement to a person registering to vote or take any action the purpose or effect of which is to discourage a person from registering to vote;
(d) Make any statement to a person registering to vote or take any action the purpose or effect of which is to lead the person to believe that a decision to register or not to register has any bearing on the availability of services or benefits; or
(e) Seek to induce any person to register or vote in any particular manner.
(4) Each state agency required to be designated a voter registration agency under the National Voter Registration Act of 1993 (P.L. 103-31) shall, with each application for service or assistance and with each recertification, renewal or change of address form relating to the service or assistance:
(a) Distribute a registration card, including all statements required under the National Voter Registration Act of 1993 (P.L. 103-31); and
(b) Provide a form including other information required by the National Voter Registration Act of 1993 (P.L. 103-31).
(5) Information relating to a declination to register to vote in connection with an application made at an office described in subsection (4) of this section shall not be used for any purpose other than voter registration.
(6) A completed registration card accepted at a voter registration agency designated under this section shall be delivered to a county clerk or the Secretary of State. [1993 c.713 §5]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information