As used in this chapter:
(1) "Ballot" means any material on which votes may be cast for candidates or measures.
(2) "County clerk" means the county clerk or the county official in charge of elections.
(3) "County governing body" means the county court sitting for the transaction of county business or the board of county commissioners.
(4) "Election" means any election held within this state.
(5) "Elector" means an individual qualified to vote under section 2, Article II, Oregon Constitution.
(6) "Governing body" means the governing body of any subdivision of the state.
(7) "Local elections official" means any person who is:
(a) An official of any election precinct or special district or public corporation organized for public purposes; and
(b) Authorized or required by law to perform functions in connection with elections held in the election precinct or special district or public corporation organized for public purposes.
(8) "Measure" includes any of the following submitted to the people for their approval or rejection at an election:
(a) A proposed law.
(b) An Act or part of an Act of the Legislative Assembly.
(c) A revision of or amendment to the Oregon Constitution.
(d) Local, special or municipal legislation.
(e) A proposition or question.
(9) "Precinct" means any election precinct.
(10) "Vote tally system" means one or more pieces of equipment necessary to examine and tally automatically the marked ballots.
(11) "Voting machine" means any device that will record every vote cast on candidates and measures and that will either internally or externally total all votes cast on that device. [1979 c.190 §1; 1983 c.392 §2; 2005 c.731 §1; 2005 c.797 §64]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.