Flexible benefit plans
- • rules
(1) In addition to the powers and duties otherwise provided by law to provide benefit plans for eligible employees, the Oregon Educators Benefit Board may provide and administer flexible benefit plans under which eligible employees may choose among taxable and nontaxable benefits as provided in the federal Internal Revenue Code.
(2) In providing flexible benefit plans, the board may offer:
(b) Other insurance benefits as described in ORS 243.868 (Benefit plans for other than health and dental benefits).
(c) Any other benefit that may be excluded from an employee’s gross income under the federal Internal Revenue Code.
(d) Any part or all of the district contribution for employee benefits in cash to the employee.
(3) In developing flexible benefit plans, the board shall design the plans on the best basis possible with regard to the welfare of the employees and affordability for the districts.
(4) The board may pay some or all of the cost of administering flexible benefit plans from funds authorized to pay general administrative expenses incurred by the board.
(5) The board shall adopt rules as the board considers necessary for the establishment and administration of flexible benefit plans.
(6) The board may contract with private organizations for administration of flexible benefit plans in accordance with rules adopted under subsection (5) of this section. [2007 c.7 §8]
Note: See note under 243.860 (Definitions for ORS 243.860 to 243.886).
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information