- • rules
- • contracts
- • personnel
(1) The Oregon Educators Benefit Board:
(a) Shall adopt rules for the conduct of its business; and
(b) May adopt rules not inconsistent with ORS 243.860 (Definitions for ORS 243.860 to 243.886) to 243.886 (Limitations on district participation in benefit plans) to determine the terms and conditions of eligible employee participation in and coverage under benefit plans.
(2) The board shall study all matters connected with the provision of adequate benefit plan coverage for eligible employees on the best basis possible with regard to the welfare of the employees and affordability for the districts. The board shall design benefits, prepare specifications, analyze carrier responses to advertisements for bids and award contracts. Contracts shall be signed by the chairperson on behalf of the board.
(3) In carrying out its duties under subsections (1) and (2) of this section, the goal of the board is to provide high-quality health, dental and other benefit plans for eligible employees at a cost affordable to the districts, the employees and the taxpayers of Oregon.
(4) The board shall prepare specifications, invite bids and take actions necessary to award contracts for health and dental benefit plan coverage of eligible employees in accordance with the criteria set forth in ORS 243.866 (Benefit plans) (1). The Public Contracting Code does not apply to contracts for benefit plans provided under ORS 243.860 (Definitions for ORS 243.860 to 243.886) to 243.886 (Limitations on district participation in benefit plans). The board may not exclude from competition to contract for a benefit plan an Oregon carrier solely because the carrier does not serve all counties in Oregon.
(5) The board may retain consultants, brokers or other advisory personnel when necessary and shall employ such personnel as are required to perform the functions of the board. [2007 c.7 §3]
Note: See note under 243.860 (Definitions for ORS 243.860 to 243.886).
Note: Section 17, chapter 7, Oregon Laws 2007, provides:
Sec. 17. (1) Before October 1, 2008, the Oregon Educators Benefit Board shall enter into contracts for health benefit plan and dental benefit plan coverage of eligible employees in accordance with section 3 (4) of this 2007 Act [243.864 (Duties) (4)] and the criteria set forth in section 4 (1) of this 2007 Act [243.866 (Benefit plans) (1)].
(2) The board shall offer a range of benefit plan designs sufficient to ensure that, when benefit plans are first provided by the board to a district, the district and district employees can choose benefit plans that are comparable in design to, and are not more expensive than the comparable costs of, the benefit plans the district provided immediately before the purchase of the benefit plans provided by the board. The board shall determine premiums for benefit plans based on the benefit plan designs and the aggregated experience of all districts participating in the benefit plans. [2007 c.7 §17]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information