Oregon Educators Benefit Board
- • members
- • term
- • expenses
- • officers
- • quorum
- • meetings
- • confirmation
(1) There is established in the Oregon Department of Administrative Services an Oregon Educators Benefit Board consisting of 10 members appointed by the Governor, including:
(a) Two members representing district boards;
(b) Two members representing district management;
(c) Two members representing nonmanagement district employees from the largest labor organization representing district employees;
(d) One member representing nonmanagement district employees from the second largest labor organization representing district employees;
(e) One member representing nonmanagement district employees who are not represented by labor organizations described in paragraphs (c) and (d) of this subsection; and
(f) Two members with expertise in health policy or risk management.
(2) The term of office of each member is four years, but a member serves at the pleasure of the Governor. Before the expiration of the term of a member, the Governor shall appoint a successor to take office upon the date of that expiration. A member is eligible for reappointment. If there is a vacancy for any cause, the Governor shall make an appointment to become immediately effective for the unexpired term.
(3) A member of the board is not entitled to compensation, but may be reimbursed from funds available to the board for actual and necessary travel and other expenses incurred by the member in the performance of the member’s official duties in the manner and amount provided in ORS 292.495 (Compensation and expenses of members of state boards and commissions).
(4) The board shall select one of its members as chairperson and another as vice chairperson, for such terms and with duties and powers necessary for the performance of the functions of such offices as the board determines.
(5) A majority of the members of the board constitutes a quorum for the transaction of business.
(6) The board shall meet at times and places specified by the call of the chairperson or of a majority of the members of the board.
(7) Appointments of members to the board by the Governor are subject to confirmation by the Senate in the manner prescribed in ORS 171.562 (Procedures for confirmation) and 171.565 (Vote required for confirmation). [2007 c.7 §2]
Note: See note under 243.860 (Definitions for ORS 243.860 to 243.886).
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information