State departments to remit contributions and furnish reports
(1) All public employers that are members of the system shall promptly and regularly remit to the Public Employees Retirement Board all contributions required of them by law and furnish all reports required by the board.
(2) Any public employer delinquent in remitting contributions shall be charged interest on the total amount of contributions due from it at the rate of one percent per month or fraction thereof during which the public employer is delinquent. Interest so paid shall be deposited in the Public Employees Retirement Fund and shall be used by the board in paying administrative expenses of the system.
(3) If any state officer or agency fails to remit any contribution or other obligation required by law, the Public Employees Retirement Board, within 30 days after the date the request therefor has been made by it by registered mail or by certified mail with return receipt, may certify to the Oregon Department of Administrative Services the fact of such failure and the amount of the delinquent contribution or obligation, together with its request that such amount be set over from funds of the delinquent officer or agency to the credit of the Public Employees Retirement Fund. A copy of such certification and request shall be furnished the delinquent officer or agency. The department shall, within 10 days after receipt of the request of the board, approve the payment of such amount by the delinquent officer or agency from funds allocated to the officer or agency for the current biennium and draw a warrant for payment of the amount of the contribution or obligation due out of funds in the State Treasury allocated to the use of the delinquent officer or agency.
(4) If any public employer other than a state agency fails to remit any contribution or pay any other obligation due under this chapter or ORS chapter 238A, the board may certify to the department the fact of such failure. Upon receipt of the certification the department shall withhold payment to the public employer of any revenues or funds in the State Treasury in which the public employer is entitled by law to share and which have been apportioned to the public employer until the board certifies to the department that the failure has been remedied. The board shall send a copy of each certification it makes under this subsection to the public employer affected.
(5) Any public employer delinquent in making reports or supplying information concerning its employees in the manner required by the board shall be charged a penalty of the lesser of $2,000 or one percent of the total annual contributions, for each month or fraction thereof during which the employer is delinquent. In addition, the board may send an auditor to the office of the employer to examine its records and to obtain the necessary reports, the entire cost of such audit to be paid by the delinquent employer. Penalties and other charges so paid shall be used by the board in paying administrative expenses of the system. [Formerly 237.301; 2003 c.733 §65]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information