Filing of annexation records with Secretary of State
When a city legislative body proclaims an annexation under ORS 222.125 (Annexation by consent of all owners of land and majority of electors), 222.150 (Election results), 222.160 (Procedure when annexation is submitted to city vote) or 222.170 (Effect of consent to annexation by territory), the recorder of the city or any other city officer or agency designated by the city legislative body to perform the duties of the recorder under this section shall transmit to the Secretary of State:
(1) A copy of the resolution or ordinance proclaiming the annexation.
(2) An abstract of the vote within the city, if votes were cast in the city, and an abstract of the vote within the annexed territory, if votes were cast in the territory. The abstract of the vote for each election shall show the whole number of electors voting on the annexation, the number of votes cast for annexation and the number of votes cast against annexation.
(3) If electors or landowners in the territory annexed consented to the annexation under ORS 222.125 (Annexation by consent of all owners of land and majority of electors) or 222.170 (Effect of consent to annexation by territory), a copy of the statement of consent.
(4) A copy of the ordinance issued under ORS 222.120 (Procedure without election by city electors) (4).
(5) An abstract of the vote upon the referendum if a referendum petition was filed with respect to the ordinance adopted under ORS 222.120 (Procedure without election by city electors) (4). [1985 c.702 §4; 1987 c.737 §7; 1987 c.818 §10]
Note: See note under 222.173 (Time limit for filing statements of consent).
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information