Agreement for judicial services to city by circuit court
- • powers of court under agreement
- • disposition of fines
(1) A city having a population of 300,000 or less may enter into an agreement with the State Court Administrator for the provision of judicial services by the circuit court for the county in which the city is located.
(2) A circuit court providing services to a city under an agreement entered into under subsection (1) of this section shall have all judicial jurisdiction, authority, powers, functions and duties of the municipal court of the city and the municipal court judges with respect to any violations of the charter or ordinances of the city.
(3) Unless an agreement entered into under subsection (1) of this section provides otherwise, and subject to the provisions of ORS 153.630 (Disposition of moneys collected by courts), all fines, costs and forfeited security deposits collected shall be paid to the city, and the city shall reimburse the circuit court providing judicial services for expenses incurred under the agreement.
(4) The exercise of jurisdiction under an agreement entered into under subsection (1) of this section by a circuit court judge shall not constitute the holding of more than one office. [Formerly 221.337]
Note: 221.357 (Agreement for judicial services to city by circuit court) was enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but was not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 221 or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information