Land division to preserve open space or park
- • qualification for special assessment
(1) The governing body of a county or its designee may approve a proposed division of land in a forest zone or a mixed farm and forest zone to create two parcels if the proposed division of land is for the purpose of allowing a provider of public parks or open space, or a not-for-profit land conservation organization, to purchase one of the resulting parcels as provided in this section.
(2) A parcel created by the land division that is not sold to a provider of public parks or open space or to a not-for-profit land conservation organization must comply with the following:
(a) If the parcel contains a dwelling or another use allowed under ORS chapter 215, the parcel must be large enough to support continued residential use or other allowed use of the parcel; or
(b) If the parcel does not contain a dwelling, the parcel is eligible for siting a dwelling as may be authorized under ORS 195.120 (Rules and planning goal amendments for parks required) or as may be authorized under ORS 215.705 (Dwellings in farm or forest zone) to 215.750 (Alternative forestland dwellings), based on the size and configuration of the parcel.
(3) Before approving a proposed division of land under this section, the governing body of a county or its designee shall require as a condition of approval that the provider of public parks or open space, or the not-for-profit land conservation organization, present for recording in the deed records for the county in which the parcel retained by the provider or organization is located an irrevocable deed restriction prohibiting the provider or organization and their successors in interest from:
(a) Establishing a dwelling on the parcel or developing the parcel for any use not authorized in a forest zone or mixed farm and forest zone except park or conservation uses; and
(b) Pursuing a cause of action or claim of relief alleging an injury from farming or forest practices for which a claim or action is not allowed under ORS 30.936 (Immunity from private action based on farming or forest practice on certain lands) or 30.937 (Immunity from private action based on farming or forest practice allowed as preexisting nonconforming use).
(4) If a proposed division of land under this section results in the disqualification of a parcel for a special assessment described in ORS 308A.718 (Assessor to send notice upon disqualification or forestland change in use) or the withdrawal of a parcel from designation as riparian habitat under ORS 308A.365 (Duration of exemption), the owner must pay additional taxes as provided under ORS 308A.371 (Additional taxes) or 308A.700 (Definitions for ORS 308A.700 to 308A.733) to 308A.733 (Withdrawal of change of special assessment application) before the county may approve the division. [2007 c.143 §2]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.