As used in this chapter, unless the context requires otherwise:
(1) "Control point" means a horizontal or vertical survey position set within the stated precision of the survey.
(2) "County surveyor" means an individual appointed or elected to the office of county surveyor and who is responsible for performing the duties of such office as described by law.
(3) "Deputy county surveyor" means an individual appointed by the county surveyor to the office of deputy county surveyor.
(4) "Geodetic control" means horizontal or vertical survey monuments that are primarily intended to be used as reference positions for other surveys or that serve to extend the national geodetic control network.
(5) "Monument" means any permanent material object or collection of objects, either natural or man-made, that indicates the position on the ground of a survey station, public land survey corner or accessories, or a land boundary corner established by a qualified surveyor.
(6) "Public land survey corner" means a section corner, one-quarter section corner, Donation Land Claim corner, meander corner, witness corner or any other corner established by the General Land Office or its successor.
(7) "Registered professional land surveyor" has the meaning given that term in ORS 672.002 (Definitions for ORS 672.002 to 672.325). [1989 c.394 §2; 1991 c.339 §1; 2005 c.230 §1]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information