Effective date of boundary change
- • filing boundary change with county assessor and Department of Revenue
(1) Notwithstanding any provision of ORS 198.705 (Definitions for ORS 198.705 to 198.955) to 198.955 (Disposition of assets) that provides a different effective date, an annexation, withdrawal, consolidation or merger shall not become effective during the period:
(a) Beginning after the 90th day before a primary election or general election and ending on the day after the election; or
(b) Beginning after the deadline for filing the notice of election before any other election held by any district or other municipal corporation involved in the annexation, withdrawal, consolidation or merger and ending on the day after the election.
(2) If the effective date established for an annexation, withdrawal, consolidation or merger is a date that is prohibited under this section, the annexation, withdrawal, consolidation or merger shall become effective on the day after the election.
(3) For the purposes of ORS 308.225 (Boundary change or proposed boundary change) only, the effective date of an annexation shall be the date of the order declaring the annexation under ORS 198.855 (Annexation election).
(4) For purposes of ad valorem taxation, a boundary change must be filed in final approved form with the county assessor and the Department of Revenue as provided in ORS 308.225 (Boundary change or proposed boundary change). [1985 c.808 §67; 1989 c.923 §23; 1995 c.712 §82; 2001 c.138 §3]
Note: 198.747 (Effective date of boundary change) was added to and made a part of 198.705 (Definitions for ORS 198.705 to 198.955) to 198.955 (Disposition of assets) by legislative action but was not added to any other series. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.