Technical assistance by state agencies
- • information from Economic and Community Development Department
- • model ordinances
- • rural economic development
(1) State agencies shall provide technical assistance to local governments in:
(a) Planning and zoning land adequate in amount, size, topography, transportation access and surrounding land use and public facilities for the special needs of various industrial and commercial uses;
(b) Developing public facility plans; and
(c) Streamlining local permit procedures.
(2) The Economic and Community Development Department shall provide a local government with "state and national trend" information to assist in compliance with ORS 197.712 (Commission duties) (2)(a).
(3) The Land Conservation and Development Commission shall develop model ordinances to assist local governments in streamlining local permit procedures.
(4) The Department of Land Conservation and Development and the Economic and Community Development Department shall establish a joint program to assist rural communities with economic and community development services. The assistance shall include, but not be limited to, grants, loans, model ordinances and technical assistance. The purposes of the assistance are to remove obstacles to economic and community development and to facilitate that development. The departments shall give priority to communities with high rates of unemployment. [1983 c.827 §18; 1995 s.s. c.3 §36h; 1996 c.6 §10]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information