Definitions for ORS 197.431 to 197.434
(1) "Associated uses and facilities" means:
(a) Speedway-related and accessory uses and facilities identified in the findings; and
(b) Road course garage units.
(2) "Findings" means the Morrow County Findings of Fact and Conclusions of Law, dated June 21, 2002, and September 24, 2003, in the matter of an application by the Port of Morrow for comprehensive plan and zoning amendments to allow the siting of a speedway and related facilities at the Port of Morrow.
(3) "Major motor speedway" means one or more race tracks including, at a minimum:
(a) An asphalt oval super speedway of at least seven-eighths mile with grandstand seating capacity of 20,000 or more; or
(b) An asphalt road course of at least two miles with grandstand seating capacity of 20,000 or more.
(4) "Premier, high speed automobile racing" means automobile racing that is projected to attract 20,000 or more spectators to a race.
(5) "Road course garage unit" means a facility consisting of garages and residential spaces not intended for overnight use.
(6) "Sanctioned" means subject to contractual agreements with one or more major professional automobile racing organizations that may include, but are not limited to:
(a) Champ Car;
(b) Indy Racing League (IRL);
(c) National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing, Inc. (NASCAR);
(d) World of Outlaws (WoO);
(e) National Hot Rod Association (NHRA);
(f) International Hot Rod Association (IHRA);
(g) Sports Car Club of America (SCCA);
(h) Grand American Road Racing Association (Grand Am);
(i) Automobile Club de l’Ouest (American Le Mans); and
(j) Fdration Internationale de l’Automobile (FIA).
(7) "Speedway destination resort" means a destination resort within the boundaries of the speedway destination site that is approved under ORS 197.431 (Expansion of speedway destination site) and 197.435 (Definitions for ORS 197.435 to 197.467) to 197.467 (Conservation easement to protect resource site).
(8) "Speedway destination site" means a site containing a major motor speedway, associated uses and facilities and speedway supporting uses and facilities.
(9) "Speedway supporting uses and facilities" means transient lodging, restaurants, meeting facilities and other commercial uses limited to the types and levels of use necessary to meet the needs of users and patrons of a major motor speedway.
(10) "Speedway theme park" means an amusement park associated with a major motor speedway and based on a speedway theme that:
(a) Is developed and operated primarily for the purpose of entertaining users and patrons of the major motor speedway, but available, as well, to the general public; and
(b) Consists of a collection of entertainment uses and facilities commonly associated with outdoor fairs and theme parks:
(A) Including mechanical rides, games, go-cart tracks, miniature golf courses, BMX bicycle tracks, water parks and athletic fields; and
(B) Not including cinemas, bowling alleys, theaters, concert halls or similar recreational or entertainment uses commonly allowed inside urban growth boundaries.
(11) "Transient lodging" means a unit consisting of a room or a suite of rooms that is available for a period of occupancy that typically does not exceed 30 days and for which the lodging operator:
(a) Charges on a daily basis and does not collect more than six days in advance; and
(b) Provides maid and linen service daily or every two days as part of the regularly charged cost of occupancy. [2005 c.842 §1; 2007 c.819 §1]
Note: See note under 197.431 (Expansion of speedway destination site).
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.