Monitoring fill and removal activities
- • public education and information materials
- • periodic reports to legislative committee
The Department of State Lands shall:
(1) Monitor removal and fill activities, including but not limited to prospecting and placer mining, within designated essential indigenous anadromous salmonid habitat areas to determine the effects of such activities on salmonid spawning and rearing habitat and compile the results in an annual report.
(2) Cooperate with the State Department of Fish and Wildlife and other interested parties to develop and distribute public education and information materials designed to increase understanding and awareness of permit requirements and acceptable removal and fill practices related to prospecting and placer mining.
(3) Report periodically to the appropriate legislative committee on the progress of the Department of State Lands in implementing ORS 196.810 (Permit required to remove material from bed or banks of waters). [1997 c.508 §2; 1999 c.59 §54; 2003 c.253 §14; 2007 c.354 §3]
Note: 196.910 (Monitoring fill and removal activities) was enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but was not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 196 or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.