Statewide Wetlands Inventory
- • rules
(1) The Department of State Lands shall compile and maintain a comprehensive Statewide Wetlands Inventory.
(2) In compiling the Statewide Wetlands Inventory, the department shall develop, by rule, a system for uniform wetland identification, delineation and comprehensive mapping. Initial inventories shall be based upon the National Wetlands Inventory prepared by the United States Department of the Interior, Fish and Wildlife Service. The Department of State Lands shall consult with the public, local governments and affected state and federal agencies concerning the accuracy of the inventory.
(3) The Department of State Lands shall revise the inventory maps as new or more complete information becomes available.
(4) The Department of State Lands shall provide each city and county planning office with copies of the Statewide Wetlands Inventory covering the local jurisdiction.
(5) The Department of State Lands shall provide each state agency with a copy of the inventory upon request.
(6) Copies of the Statewide Wetlands Inventory shall be made available to the general public, through the Department of State Lands, upon payment of a fee to offset administrative and reproduction costs.
(7) A wetland inventory developed by another party may be utilized by the Department of State Lands if it is consistent with standards adopted pursuant to this section, after consulting with the affected local government, and is reviewed and approved by the Department of State Lands as complying with the standards adopted pursuant to subsection (2) of this section.
(9) In compiling and updating the Statewide Wetlands Inventory, the Department of State Lands shall identify opportunities for wetland creation, restoration and enhancement when the information is available. [1989 c.837 §6; 2003 c.253 §6]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information