Definitions for ORS 192.005 to 192.170
As used in ORS 192.005 (Definitions for ORS 192.005 to 192.170) to 192.170 (Disposition of materials without authorization), unless the context requires otherwise:
(1) "Archivist" means the State Archivist.
(2) "Photocopy" includes a photograph, microphotograph and any other reproduction on paper or film in any scale.
(3) "Photocopying" means the process of reproducing, in the form of a photocopy, a public record or writing.
(4) "Political subdivision" means a city, county, district or any other municipal or public corporation in this state.
(5) "Public record" includes, but is not limited to, a document, book, paper, photograph, file, sound recording or machine readable electronic record, regardless of physical form or characteristics, made, received, filed or recorded in pursuance of law or in connection with the transaction of public business, whether or not confidential or restricted in use. "Public record" does not include:
(a) Records of the Legislative Assembly, its committees, officers and employees.
(b) Library and museum materials made or acquired and preserved solely for reference or exhibition purposes.
(c) Records or information concerning the location of archaeological sites or objects as those terms are defined in ORS 358.905 (Definitions for ORS 358.905 to 358.961).
(d) Extra copies of a document, preserved only for convenience of reference.
(e) A stock of publications.
(f) Messages on voice mail or on other telephone message storage and retrieval systems.
(6) "State agency" means any state officer, department, board, commission or court created by the Constitution or statutes of this state. However, "state agency" does not include the Legislative Assembly or its committees, officers and employees. [1961 c.160 §2; 1965 c.302 §1; 1983 c.620 §11; 1989 c.16 §1; 1999 c.55 §1; 1999 c.140 §1]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information