Purpose of ORS 184.670 to 184.733
It is the purpose of ORS 184.675 (Definitions for ORS 184.670 to 184.733), 184.685 (Purpose of department) to 184.733 (Department of Transportation Public Transportation Development Fund) and this section:
(1) To provide a means of state financial assistance and coordination to meet the state’s most pressing mobility needs and to make transportation an effective and responsive force in achieving goals for social, economic and environmental development, and conservation of critical resources.
(2) To foster the development of an integrated transportation system in which each component or mode, such as air, bus, rail or para-transit is encouraged to perform in a coordinated and complementary manner with other components or modes, and in balance with the public need and economic and social constraints.
(3) To encourage more effective participation by the private sector in providing coordinated public transportation.
(4) To provide for optimum and broader uses of federal funds as they become available.
(5) To promote the continuation and development of privately owned intercity common carriers of passengers. [1977 c.230 §1]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information