Department to enforce laws relating to highways and operation of vehicles on highways
- • power of arrest possessed by persons not members of department
(1) The Department of State Police shall enforce all laws now or hereafter enacted relating to highways and to the operation of vehicles on state or other highways.
(2) Members of the state police have the power to arrest violators of any provision of the laws applicable to highways or to the movement of vehicles on highways.
(3) The necessary expenses in carrying out this section shall be paid from the State Highway Fund and from the moneys received under ORS 802.110 (Procedures for financial administration).
(4) ORS 181.010 (Definitions for ORS 181.010 to 181.560 and 181.715 to 181.730) to 181.560 (Procedure when information requested by other than criminal justice agency) and 181.715 (Criminal Justice Information Standards program) to 181.730 (Law Enforcement Data System established) do not prevent an officer or employee of the Department of Transportation from arresting any person for any crime committed in the officer’s or employee’s presence and do not affect other powers of arrest granted by the laws of this state to persons other than peace officers. [Amended by 1967 c.175 §5; 1971 c.467 §4; 1983 c.338 §899]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information