Investigation of organized criminal activity
- • powers and duties of department
The Department of Justice shall:
(2) Establish a coordinated system of collecting, storing and disseminating information relating to organized crime.
(3) Develop and maintain a liaison between local, state and federal law enforcement agencies in Oregon, assisting them in the investigation and suppression of organized criminal activity and encouraging cooperation among those agencies.
(4) Conduct comprehensive factual studies of organized criminal activity in Oregon, outlining existing state and local policies and procedures with respect to organized crime, and formulating and proposing such changes in those policies and procedures as the department may deem appropriate.
(5) Investigate allegations of corruption or malfeasance by public officials in Oregon and, where appropriate, coordinate, cooperate and assist in taking legal action.
(6) Investigate investment of funds in Oregon suspected to have been generated by criminal activities. [1977 c.754 §2]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.