Satisfaction of money awards generally
(1) A satisfaction document may be for full or partial satisfaction of a money award. The title of the document must indicate whether the money award has been partially or fully satisfied. A satisfaction document must be signed by the judgment creditor or by an attorney who represents the judgment creditor. The signature of the judgment creditor or attorney signing a satisfaction document must be witnessed by a notary public.
(2) When the money award portion of a judgment has been fully satisfied, the judgment creditor must:
(a) File a satisfaction document for the full amount of the money award portion of the judgment in the county in which the judgment was entered; and
(b) Deliver to the judgment debtor a satisfaction document for the full amount of the money award portion of the judgment for every county in which the judgment has been recorded under ORS 18.152 (Establishing judgment liens in other counties).
(3) Upon request by a judgment debtor or any person with an interest in real property subject to a judgment lien, a judgment creditor must provide to the judgment debtor a satisfaction document for all amounts credited against a money award as of the date that the satisfaction document is signed.
(4) A satisfaction document may be filed with the court administrator at any time after entry of a judgment. The court administrator may not charge a fee for filing a satisfaction document. The court administrator shall note in the register and in the judgment lien record that the satisfaction document has been filed, and shall note if the document indicates that the money award has been fully satisfied.
(5) Upon payment of all required fees, the court administrator shall issue a certified copy of any satisfaction document filed with the court administrator and entered in the court register. The certified copy may be recorded in any County Clerk Lien Record in which the judgment was recorded under ORS 18.152 (Establishing judgment liens in other counties).
(6) A satisfaction document for a support award that is paid to the Department of Justice may be filed with the court administrator only as provided in ORS 18.228 (Satisfaction of support awards payable to Department of Justice).
(7) This section does not apply to justice courts, municipal courts or county courts performing judicial functions. [2003 c.576 §25; 2007 c.339 §8]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information