Release of lien
(1) A judgment creditor may provide a release of lien document to a judgment debtor or to any other person with an interest in real property to which a judgment lien has attached. The release of lien document may be for all real property in a county or for a single piece of real property in a county. A release of lien document may be signed by the judgment creditor, or by any attorney who represents the creditor. The signature of the judgment creditor or attorney signing a release of lien document must be witnessed by a notary public.
(2) A release of lien document may be filed with the court administrator at any time after a judgment lien attaches under ORS 18.150 (Judgment liens in circuit courts). The court administrator shall note in the register and in the judgment lien record that the release of lien document has been filed, and also shall note whether the release is for all real property in a county or only for a single piece of real property in a county.
(3) A release of lien document may be recorded in any County Clerk Lien Record in which the judgment was recorded under ORS 18.152 (Establishing judgment liens in other counties).
(4) Upon filing or recording under this section, a release of lien document operates to eliminate any judgment lien arising from the entry or recording of the judgment to the extent reflected in the document. The filing of a release of lien document does not constitute a full or partial satisfaction of the judgment.
(5) The court administrator may not charge a fee for filing a release of lien document.
(6) This section does not apply to justice courts, municipal courts or county courts performing judicial functions. [2003 c.576 §23; 2007 c.339 §6]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information