Portfolio-based management of information technology resources
(1) The Secretary of State shall implement portfolio-based management of information technology resources, as described in this section, to:
(a) Ensure that the Office of the Secretary of State links its information technology investments with business plans;
(b) Facilitate risk assessment of information technology projects and investments;
(c) Ensure that the office justifies information technology investments on the basis of sound business cases;
(d) Ensure that the office facilitates development and review of information technology performance related to business operations;
(e) Identify projects that can cross agency and program lines to leverage resources; and
(f) Assist in state government-wide planning for common, shared information technology infrastructure.
(2) The Secretary of State shall integrate strategic and business planning, technology planning and budgeting and project expenditure processes into the Secretary of State’s information technology portfolio-based management.
(3) The Secretary of State shall conduct and maintain a continuous inventory of current and planned investments in information technology, a compilation of information about those assets and the total life cycle cost of those assets.
(4) The Secretary of State shall develop and implement standards, processes and procedures for the required inventory and for the management of the information technology portfolio.
(5) As used in this section, "information technology" has the meaning given that term in ORS 184.473 (Definitions for ORS 184.475 and 184.477). [2001 c.936 §7]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.