Government Waste Hotline
- • acceptance of other reports
- • purpose
- • notice
(1) The Secretary of State shall establish a toll-free telephone line that is available to public employees and members of the public for the purpose of reporting waste, inefficiency or abuse by state agencies, state employees or persons under contract with state agencies.
(2) In addition to establishing a toll-free telephone line under subsection (1) of this section, the secretary shall also accept reports of waste, inefficiency or abuse by state agencies, state employees or persons under contract with state agencies made to the secretary by any other method.
(3) The toll-free telephone line required to be established under subsection (1) of this section shall be known as the Government Waste Hotline. The secretary shall prepare written notices that explain the purpose of the Government Waste Hotline and that prominently display the telephone number for the Government Waste Hotline. The notice shall be posted in all state offices. If a state office is open to members of the public, the notice shall be posted in a place where the public is most likely to see the notice.
(4) The secretary shall publicize the availability of the Government Waste Hotline through print and electronic media. [1995 c.138 §1; 2007 c.185 §1]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.