Lobbyist statements of expenditures
(1) A lobbyist registered with the Oregon Government Ethics Commission or required to register with the commission shall, according to the schedule described in ORS 171.752 (Time for filing statements), file with the commission a statement showing for the applicable reporting period:
(a) The total amount of all moneys expended for food, refreshments and entertainment by the lobbyist for the purpose of lobbying.
(b) The name of any legislative or executive official to whom or for whose benefit, on any one occasion, an expenditure is made for the purposes of lobbying, and the date, name of payee, purpose and amount of that expenditure. This paragraph applies if the total amount expended on the occasion by one or more persons exceeds $50.
(2) Statements required by this section need not include amounts expended by the lobbyist for personal living and travel expenses and office overhead, including salaries and wages paid for staff and secretarial assistance, and maintenance expenses. If the amount of any expenditure required to be included in a statement is not accurately known at the time the statement is required to be filed, an estimate of the expenditure shall be submitted in the statement and designated as an estimate. The exact amount expended for which a previous estimate was made shall be submitted in a subsequent report when the information is available.
(3) A statement required by this section shall include a copy of any notice provided to a public official under ORS 244.100 (Statements of expenses, honoraria or income received) (2).
(4) For each statement required by this section, an entity comprised of more than one lobbyist may file one statement that reports expenditures by the entity and not by individual lobbyists. [1973 c.802 §5; 1974 c.72 §29; 1975 c.747 §4; 1979 c.666 §2; 1987 c.158 §32; 1987 c.566 §4; 1991 c.354 §1; 1991 c.677 §2; 1993 c.743 §4; 2001 c.751 §5; 2007 c.865 §39; 2007 c.877 §6d]
Note: Section 41, chapter 877, Oregon Laws 2007, provides:
Sec. 41. (1) Section 5 of this 2007 Act [171.752 (Time for filing statements)] and the amendments to ORS 171.745 (Lobbyist statements of expenditures) and 171.750 (Lobbyist employer statements of expenditures) by sections 6d and 7 of this 2007 Act apply to statements required to be filed for reporting periods beginning on or after January 1, 2008.
(2) The first statement filed under ORS 171.745 (Lobbyist statements of expenditures), as amended by section 6d of this 2007 Act, shall include amounts expended prior to January 1, 2008, that were not included in a statement filed prior to January 1, 2008.
(3) Notwithstanding ORS 171.750 (Lobbyist employer statements of expenditures), as amended by section 7 of this 2007 Act, a person required to file a statement under ORS 171.750 (Lobbyist employer statements of expenditures) for the calendar year 2007 shall file the statement not later than January 31, 2008.
(4) The amendments to ORS 171.772 (Forms for reports, registration and statements) and 244.290 (General duties of commission) by sections 8 and 9c of this 2007 Act apply to statements required to be filed on or after January 1, 2008.
(5) The amendments to ORS 171.992 (Civil penalty for violation of lobby regulation) and 244.350 (Civil penalties) by sections 10 and 11a of this 2007 Act apply to:
(a) Violations of any provision of ORS 171.740 (Lobbyist registration) to 171.762 (Verification of reports, registrations and statements), any rule adopted under ORS 171.725 (Definitions for ORS 171.725 to 171.785) to 171.785 (Sanctions prescribed by either chamber of Legislative Assembly), ORS chapter 244 or any resolution adopted under ORS 244.160 (Filing of statement of economic interest by public official of political subdivision other than city or county) occurring on or after January 1, 2008;
(b) Violations of ORS 293.708 (Conflicts of interest for council members) occurring prior to, on or after January 1, 2008; and
(c) Statements of economic interest required to be filed on or after January 1, 2008.
(6) The amendments to ORS 244.360 (Additional civil penalty equal to twice amount of financial benefit) by section 12a of this 2007 Act apply to violations of any provision of ORS chapter 244 occurring prior to, on or after January 1, 2008.
(7) The amendments to ORS 244.050 (Persons required to file statement of economic interest) by section 13 of this 2007 Act apply to statements of economic interest required to be filed on or after January 1, 2008.
(8) The amendments to ORS 260.407 (Use of contributed amounts for certain purposes) by section 14 of this 2007 Act apply to expenditures or distributions of contributions made on or after January 1, 2008.
(9) The amendments to ORS 244.045 (Regulation of subsequent employment of public officials) by section 15 of this 2007 Act apply to persons who cease being members of the Legislative Assembly on or after January 1, 2008. [2007 c.877 §41; 2007 c.877 §48]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information