Exceptions to application of ORS 171.740 and 171.745
(1) News media, or their employees or agents, that in the ordinary course of business directly or indirectly urge legislative action but that engage in no other activities in connection with the legislative action.
(2) Any legislative official acting in an official capacity.
(3) Any individual who does not receive compensation or reimbursement of expenses for lobbying, who limits lobbying activities solely to formal appearances to give testimony before public sessions of committees of the Legislative Assembly, or public hearings of state agencies, and who, when testifying, registers an appearance in the records of the committees or agencies.
(4) A person who does not spend more than an aggregate amount of 24 hours during any calendar quarter lobbying and who does not spend an aggregate amount in excess of $100 lobbying during any calendar quarter.
(5) The Governor, chief of staff for the Governor, deputy chief of staff for the Governor, legal counsel to the Governor, deputy legal counsel to the Governor, Secretary of State, Deputy Secretary of State appointed pursuant to ORS 177.040 (Deputy Secretary of State), State Treasurer, Chief Deputy State Treasurer appointed pursuant to ORS 178.060 (Employment of Chief Deputy, clerks and stenographers), chief of staff for the office of the State Treasurer, Attorney General, Deputy Attorney General appointed pursuant to ORS 180.130 (Deputy Attorney General), Superintendent of Public Instruction, Commissioner of the Bureau of Labor and Industries, members and staff of the Oregon Law Commission who conduct the law revision program of the commission or any judge. [1973 c.802 §3; 1974 c.72 §27; 1975 c.747 §2; 1977 c.588 §1a; 1979 c.666 §1; 1981 c.528 §1; 1987 c.566 §2; 1991 c.378 §2; 1993 c.714 §1; 2001 c.751 §3; 2007 c.877 §6b]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information