Definitions for ORS 163.432 to 163.434
(1) "Child" means a person who the defendant reasonably believes to be under 16 years of age.
(2) "Online communication" means communication that occurs via electronic mail, personal or instant messaging, chat rooms, bulletin boards or any other method of communicating over the Internet.
(3) "Sexual contact" has the meaning given that term in ORS 163.305 (Definitions).
(4) "Sexually explicit conduct" has the meaning given that term in ORS 163.665 (Definitions for ORS 163.670 to 163.693).
(5) "Solicit" means to invite, request, seduce, lure, entice, persuade, prevail upon, coax, coerce or attempt to do so. [2007 c.876 §1]
Note: 163.431 (Definitions for ORS 163.432 to 163.434) to 163.434 (Provisions applicable to online sexual corruption of a child) were enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but were not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 163 or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.