(1) No fraternity, sorority or other student organization organized or operating on a college or university campus for purposes of participating in student activities of the college or university, nor any member of such an organization, shall intentionally haze any member, potential member or person pledged to be a member of the organization, as a condition or precondition of attaining membership in the organization or of attaining any office or status therein.
(2) As used in this section, "haze" means to subject a person to bodily danger or physical harm or a likelihood of bodily danger or physical harm, or to require, encourage, authorize or permit that the person be subjected to any of the following:
(b) Total or substantial nudity on the part of the person;
(c) Compelled ingestion of any substance by the person;
(d) Wearing or carrying of any obscene or physically burdensome article by the person;
(e) Physical assaults upon or offensive physical contact with the person;
(f) Participation by the person in boxing matches or other physical contests;
(g) Transportation and abandonment of the person;
(h) Confinement of the person to unreasonably small, unventilated, insanitary or unlighted areas;
(i) Assignment of pranks to be performed by the person; or
(j) Compelled personal servitude by the person.
(3) Subsection (1) of this section does not apply to curricular activities or to athletic teams of or within the college or university.
(4) A fraternity, sorority or other student organization that violates this section commits a Class A violation.
(5) A member of a fraternity, sorority or other student organization, who personally violates this section commits a Class B violation. [1983 c.202 §2; 1999 c.1051 §152]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information