(1) "Action" means an action, suit or proceeding.
(2) "Assistance" means compensation paid by the Department of Justice under ORS 147.005 (Definitions) to 147.367 (Services to victims of acts of mass destruction) to or on behalf of an applicant or recipient.
(3) "Claim" means a claim of an applicant or recipient for damages for injuries against an assailant or any other person or entity alleged to be liable for the injury constituting the basis for the claim.
(4) "Compromise" means a compromise between an applicant or recipient and an assailant or any other person or entity against whom the applicant or recipient has a claim.
(5) "Judgment" means a judgment in an action brought by an applicant or recipient to enforce the claim of the applicant or recipient.
(6) "Recipient" means a person who has received assistance.
(7) "Settlement" means a settlement between an applicant or recipient and an assailant or any other person or entity against whom the applicant or recipient has a claim. [2005 c.383 §2]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information